Documentation Help Desk Shop Fan Site

Getting a New Dog: What Breed is Best For Me?

Originally published at: Getting a New Dog: What Breed is Best For Me? • Joe's Writers' Club

By Melvin Chux Dogs make the perfect pets, even though most cat lovers will disagree. Which other pet wags its tail happily when you’re in a grumpy mood? It’s nice to see you agree with us; after all, you are planning on getting a new dog.  This process is not as simple as waltzing into your local rescue and picking the first fur baby you fall in love with. Remember that what you do pick will be a part of your family for the next 7-15 years on average. This is why special attention should be taken when picking a new dog. Why Should I Be Concerned About The Breed I Get? Remember when we talked about being a part of your family for the next 7-15 years?  Let’s say you pick a Caucasian shepherd even though you’re not a very active person. You’d be left with an unhappy dog that would most likely channel that energy into wreaking havoc in your backyard.  While we won’t be able to touch on this topic extensively, let us consider some popular breeds that would be perfect for different living conditions.  People With Allergies Allergies: the people that have them hate them. It…