Documentation Help Desk Shop Fan Site

Is My Writing Cursed?

I have suddenly realized that I may be taking a terrible chance by getting involved in the JWC Script. Allow me to explain…
For as long as I’ve been writing, if and when I’ve EVER used the name of a friend or co-worker in a story, I have always lost that friend or the job within weeks. It has never failed to happen. I can give you examples that would make you doubt your Reality.
So, I have great foreboding about going forward with more contributions to the script. Even though all of the names and physical attributes have been changed, I’m still getting a literal case of Deja Vu.
Call me crazy, but that feeling is hard to shake. JWC has become a great resource of inspiration and friendship for me. It has the potential to be, for me, perhaps the most important non-family group of my entire life. To jeopardize that would be foolish.
Your thoughts on this would be most appreciated. I’m going to take a wait and see stance for now.

2 Likes

You have to be comfortable to be creative. That said, fear is rarely a good reason to make a decision. Still, a catatonic state is not a great starting point.
I’d say negotiate. Start with a baby step. Test the water. If you dont see any ripples or bubbles, move in a little further. Maybe bring a machete along. If you dont confront it, will you always wonder what was there or will you just sleep better at night? :heart:

2 Likes

Deja Vu can be a powerful thing… Trust me, I know

1 Like

If that sense normally guides you, Tom, then, it may be best to let the project go. We can find another contributor or do more ourselves. No worries there.

1 Like

It’s easy for writers to feel superstitious. Human beings are in general a superstitious lot, which is how as a race we’ve developed so many crazy customs and beliefs. Now if you feel the butterfly effects generated by your writing are causing seismic shifts on a cosmic level, it’s kind of you to protect your friends. But don’t let this inhibit your creativity. Turn it into a story. A book or movie about a writer who notices his friends all mysteriously die after he writes about them, could turn into a best seller. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for your concern. It just hit me that I might just blow everything up if I blindly jump into something. I have to see where the project is right now with my contributions. If some time goes by and no one disappears, maybe I’m not venturing too close to the cliff of No Return. Believe me, you don’t ever want this to happen. It’s cost me several jobs and at least three friends. The only thing they had in common was including them in a story I was writing at the time.