Documentation Help Desk Shop Fan Site

Zack Snyder's 'Justice League': More Of The Same Meh

Originally published at: Zack Snyder’s ‘Justice League’: More Of The Same Meh • Joe's Writers' Club

With a fresh viewing of Zack Snyder’s film in mind, the overall impression is that it is better than the original. A little bit better, not enough to make any lasting impression. By the time someone does another cut of this film, it will be all new to me again. Source: Warner Bros My memories of the first cut of Justice League were bits and pieces of fighting and Wonder Woman. She is still the highlight of both films. Her presence prevented the ho-hum stuff between the opening and closing credits from getting to me. THE GOOD STUFF There’s a lot of good storytelling. We get more character depth than it’s possible to get in a 90-minute film. It’s good to finally see Darkseid in the flesh. As the DC version of Thanos, he has enough menace to be someone I look forward to in the next installment of Justice League. The plot has been rearranged, and it makes a lot more sense now. Wonder Woman and Aquaman are the stand-out characters, as is Alfred the butler. THE BAD STUFF There’s still not a lot here to get excited about. The overall arc of the film plods along, with no…